Yesterday at the ever "so fun" Pack meeting for cub scouts, Barrett earned his wolf badge, a gold arrow point and 2 silver points. He has been working very hard and loves to go to cub scouts every Wednesday night.
We have discovered that Barrett has inherited the "non-spelling" gene from Grandpa Norman. Although he has so much fun practicing his words every week by spelling them in shaving cream it doesn't translate to paper. This has become his new challenge with incentives of course.
A few weeks ago Barrett was doing his homework and crumpled up a piece of paper and threw it on the floor. While I was busy passing through not really paying attention I asked him to pick it up and throw it away. After a few minutes I see him arranging this crumpled paper on the side table as he announced to me that it wasn't trash anymore, it was now a PAPER SCULPTURE!
We still laugh about the time I was discussing to Quinn about what deoderant he wanted me to buy for him at the store, when Barrett pulls me to the side and quietly announces that his arm pits sometimes smell like tacos....I LOVE BOYS.