I was never very happy about having a pet snake, but Peter loved the idea and surprised us with it two years ago. I am scared to death of it and never ever even touched it. About a month ago we heard Eva barking very loudly in the basement and so I went down stairs to see what was wrong. She was staring and growling in the direction behind her crate which I couldn't see until I came up close and realized the snake had escaped from his aquariaum from the other end of the basement. I was mortified and went screaming back up stairs to wake up Peter. The next morning I gave the ultimatum. Sara and Barrett liked having it and played with it on occassion, so they were sad to see Shhnakey go, but I am extremly happy that we have found a new home for Shhnakey.