Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Shenandoah National Park & Luray Cavernes

We spent Memorial weekend up in the Shenandoah Mountains and had a great time enjoying the beauty of the earth and each other.

We took some time to visit Luray Caverns which was really cool and "cool" going deep down into caves and seeing the stalacites and stalagmites. I have to say that I was a bit skeptical about this and after the heafty admission price I was hoping this was going to be worth it--and it turned out to be worth every penny. It was really a sight to see. I highly recommed!



This was called Dream Lake

Horseback Riding in the Shenandoah's

And a seriously "wild" pony ride for Sara. The owners of the stable just gave me the reins and told me to walk the trail behind the barn for about 30 minutes. This pony had a mind of its own and kept running off the trail, so I was running through the forest off trail trying to get this beast to slow down. I wasn't about to let go of the reins and let him take off with my baby girl. At first we laughed and had fun, but then I was screaming for help and nobody could hear me. I was trembeling and trying to get control of this darn pony. No more pony rides!!!

It was fun to see these two getting along, at home they can't be in the same room together.


It was fun going hiking on the Appalacian Trail in the misty rain and hiking on the other park trails, even Eva had a fun time.




"Yikes", we saw a black bear!

On Skyline Drive.