Saturday, July 23, 2011

We love America!

We celebrated the 4th of July by going down town, here are a few pictures from the National Parade.




We found a cozy little spot between the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial, this was our view from behind where we were sitting.

This was our front view, the dark brown section is all the mortar boxes along the side of the reflecting pond.

Waiting for the show to begin... The people in front of us were eating gourmet cupcakes in front of us and didn't share. I didn't think this was very polite, they looked sooo good. I promised the kids I would bring something really good next year.

Let the show begin



We decided to make this into a "staycation" and get a fancy hotel room downtown. We stayed at the Willard and it was so beautiful and then...
this happened!
We also had a fun visit with our friends the Eastlands from California. The kids had a blast getting to know each other and playing. Chris was a best man at our wedding and now look what has happen 16 years later. Thanks for visiting!